Return of Succession
Year of Assessment 2020-2021, 2019-2020, 2018-2019 and Year of Assessment 2017-2018
- Year of Assessment 2020-2021 relates to the income year 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020
- Year of Assessment 2019-2020 relates to the income year 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019
- Year of Assessment 2018-2019 relates to the income year 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018
- Year of Assessment 2017-2018 relates to the income year 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017
Notes to IT Form 9
- Year of Assessment 2020-2021
- Year of Assessment 2019-2020
- Year of Assessment 2018-2019
- Year of Assessment 2017-2018
E-Filing of Succession Return (IT Form 9)
General Information for Electronic Filing of Tax Return of Succession
Taxpayers are recommended to use a recent version of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox as browser to file their return.
Kindly note that it is the taxpayer’s responsibility to file a true and correct return.
Ensure that you provide your email address and telephone number as they will be used by MRA to communicate with you.
Ensure that you have all the required information including TAN of all beneficiaries and TDS payers before you start filing. No documents need to be submitted if you file electronically but all required information must be inserted.
On successful submission of your Succession Tax return, an acknowledgement ID will be displayed on your screen and followed by an email confirming same. If you have not received an acknowledgement ID, your submission is incomplete. Please take necessary actions to correctly submit your Succession Tax return.
Only the first Succession Tax Form sent electronically will be processed. In case you wish to amend your return, please contact MRA Help Desk on 207 6000.
Deadline for e-filing of Succession Tax Return
The Succession Tax return should be filed electronically by 30 September 2020.